Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had peanut butter rice krispy treats years ago and loved them. Now when I went to search for the recipe they all included chocolate or corn syrup or some other kind of cereal. So I just went for it, and they came out perfect, just how I remembered them :) Very popular with kids!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 1⁄2 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (i like skippy naturals smooth)
- 6 -8 cups Rice Krispies
- melt butter in large saucepan over med-low heat, stir in marshmallows.
- stir until melted.
- add peanut butter until combined, remove from heat.
- stir in rice krispies. i just pour directly from the box, so i don't have exact measurements. i would start with 6 cups and add more as needed. it shouldnt be too gooey.
- press into greased 13x9 pan. cool completely and cut.
FYI... marshmallows contain corn syrup...
Hubby loved these. I followed the recipe exactly as written. It didn't say where in the instructions to add the vanilla so I added it when I added the peanut butter. I also used Skippy Natural peanut butter. I used six cups of rice krispies but next time, I would cut them back a bit as I like them a bit more gooey.
I'm pretty sure the no corn syrup in the title is referring to the fact that you don't have to add Karo syrup and not that the marshmallows don't have corn syrup.