Recipe by newmama
I had peanut butter rice krispy treats years ago and loved them. Now when I went to search for the recipe they all included chocolate or corn syrup or some other kind of cereal. So I just went for it, and they came out perfect, just how I remembered them :) Very popular with kids!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 1⁄2 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (i like skippy naturals smooth)
- 6 -8 cups Rice Krispies
Directions See How It's Made
- melt butter in large saucepan over med-low heat, stir in marshmallows.
- stir until melted.
- add peanut butter until combined, remove from heat.
- stir in rice krispies. i just pour directly from the box, so i don't have exact measurements. i would start with 6 cups and add more as needed. it shouldnt be too gooey.
- press into greased 13x9 pan. cool completely and cut.