Recipe by michEgan
Do you want a rich wonderful brownie, then here it is! It has a wonderful layer of peanut butter. My family goes goo-goo over this one. I hope yours does too!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
these brownies tasted really good.the only reason i gave this 4 *'s is i couldn't get the peanut butter layer very thick.i'm not sure what did wrong.better luck next time and there will be a next time.thanks for posting.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Brownie Layer.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Microwave unsweetened chocolate with 3/4 butter on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir till chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir granulated sugar into melted chocolate.
- Mix in eggs and 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; blend well.
- Stir in flour and walnuts.
- Spread into 13x9-inch greased pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- Peanut butter layer:.
- Mix peanut butter, 3 tablespoons butter, powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in another bowl.
- Blend till smooth, adding up to 1/4 cup of milk to make it a nice spreading consistency.( You may need more milk to make it spreadable, this part can be a little difficult, if the peanut butter does not spread easily, make sure you dip your spatula in water. Sometimes I even have to sprinkle alittle water on top of the peanut butter to smooth).
- Spread over the cooled brownies.
- Top Layer:.
- Microwave semisweet chocolate for 1 1/2 minutes with the 1/4 cup butter.
- Stir till smooth.
- Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Cool until set.