Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These have remained a family favorite for years and I still make them, you may omit the chocolate chips but I like to add them in, also you may use 1/2 cup each butter and shortening if desired :)
Top Review by JenJenMarie
THE BEST!!! Instead of using chocolate chips, I use mini reeces peanut butter cups. My Super WalMart has them in the section with the chocolate chips. These are my husband's FAVORITE!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter or 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maple extract (or use 2 teaspoons vanilla)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip (can use regular size chocolate chips)
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat well until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the dry mixture into the creamed until combined.
- Add/mix in mini chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cookies begin to brown around the edges (try not to overbake!).