Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
These have remained a family favorite for years and I still make them, you may omit the chocolate chips but I like to add them in, also you may use 1/2 cup each butter and shortening if desired :)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter or 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maple extract (or use 2 teaspoons vanilla)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip (can use regular size chocolate chips)
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat well until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the dry mixture into the creamed until combined.
- Add/mix in mini chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cookies begin to brown around the edges (try not to overbake!).
THE BEST!!! Instead of using chocolate chips, I use mini reeces peanut butter cups. My Super WalMart has them in the section with the chocolate chips. These are my husband's FAVORITE!
If you use the vanilla extract vs the maple, you posted my "Friendship Cookies". These were named this b/c any one that knew I was making them were instant friends. These are so addictive!! Thank you so much for posting this!! Oh, and I make these in teaspoon size, cause then my kids think they get a lot when I give them three cookies!! And you don't feel so guilty when you consume so many!
I was looking around to see if the recipe I use was posted already...should have known Kitten would have the one closest to it! Just some friendly advice..."Go Kitten and you'll never go wrong!" :-D
These are THE BEST!! Mine is a "tad-bit" different, but I will make a batch of these...this one calls for more vanilla/maple extract! Gotta try it.