Recipe by Cookin In Texas
I thought I would share some of my favorites, These are some that I have to make quite often.
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanuts
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Have all the ingredients for this recipe measured out and ready.
- Lightly butter a large cookie sheet place in a 200 degree oven till needed.
- In a 2 quart saucepan add sugar's, corn syrup, salt, and water bring to a boil over medium heat,
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Insert candy thermometer.
- *NOTE FOR RAW PEANUTS:Add raw peanuts when candy sugar is dissolved and candy is boiling.*.
- *NOTE FOR OTHER TYPE OF PEANUTS: If adding any other type of peanuts or nuts instead of RAW,do not add the salt. Add peanuts to pot when candy has reached 275 degrees F other wise your peanuts might burn.*.
- Add peanuts stirring quite often.
- Continue boiling until temperature reaches 300 degrees F (Hard crack stage) on thermometer.
- * Now you have to work fast*.
- Remove from heat; quickly stir in baking soda, vanilla extract and margarine
- Pour quickly onto warm cookie sheet.
- Tilt pan back and forth until candy has spread out over pan.
- Cool candy.
- Then break candy into chunk pieces.