Cook1 hr 15 mins
I wanted to make a Tart and when I saw this one I couldn't resist. It looks so professional and it was so easy. I am not a pro baker by any means, and look at how it turned out. I will sure to impress anyone.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- To make the crust:.
- Please the flour, butter and sour cream in a food processor and pulse to combine. When the dough has formed a ball, pat with lightly floured hands into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 10-inch tart plan with a removable bottom and 1/2 inch sides. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the crust is set but not browned. Let cool while preparing the filling.
- Lower the oven to 350°F.
- To make the filling:.
- If using fresh peaches, peel and thickly slice the peaches. Arrange the fresh peach slices in overlapping circles on top of the crust, until it's completely covered. Overfill the crust, as the peaches will shrink during cooking.
- Combine the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar, and flour and beat until smooth. Pour the mixture over the peaches. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour, until the custard sets and is pale golden in color. Cover with an aluminum foil tent if the crust gets too dark. Transfer the tart pan to a wire rack to cool. When cool, remove the side wall of the pan.
- To make the glaze:.
- Combine the preserves or jelly and orange juice. Spread with a pastry brush over the top of the warm tart. Serve the tart warm, at room temperature, or chilled. Garnish with fresh mint.