Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this years ago at allrecipes. The kids don't like a "biscuity" cobbler ... this one is creamy and gooey and yum!
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.).
- In a large bowl, combine sliced peaches with juice, 2 tablespoons melted butter, a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water, then stir into peach mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine milk, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat until smooth - mixture will be thin.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a 9x13 inch pan.
- Pour batter over melted butter.
- Spoon peaches over batter.
- Sprinkle top with additional cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until knife inserted comes out clean.