Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Looking for the perfect pancake? I promise, this absolutely tops all. My mother spent years tinkering with different recipes and finally came out with this winner! I've made them full-fat and fat free and they always turn out to be phenomenal! These pancakes can really stand on their own feet, but feel free to tweak to your heart's desire with cinnamon, nutmeg, extra vanilla, or fun add-in's like blueberries or chocolate chips. Have fun and Enjoy!!
- 1⁄2 cup flour (regular white)
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk (plus 2 tbsp.)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla yogurt
- Mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients well and add to dry mixture.
- Whisk together until well-combined but still a tad lumpy.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into nonstick pan on medium heat and wait for bubbles to appear on top before turning (this takes a little longer than your average pancake, because these are so substantial).
- Second side will not take quite as long.
- Proceed with rest of batter.
- Be sure to cover finished pancakes with a towel so they don't get cold while you finish the rest.