Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From : http://www.girlgonecountry.com/recipes-2/best-paleo-pancakes/
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk (almond, goat, cow or coconut milk)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 3⁄4 cup almond meal (I used Trader Joeâ s almond meal) or 3⁄4 cup flour (I used Trader Joeâ s almond meal)
- 1⁄4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon gelatin (helps bind)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (helps the rise and enhances the flavor)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Let the batter sit for 1 minute to let the coconut flour fluff up.
- Meanwhile, heat up a large skillet on medium heat with oil or butter. Pour the batter to make small to medium sized pancakes.
- Once a few bubbles pop on the pancakes flip to cook on the other side for 1 minute, or until the pancake center springs back when you touch it.
- Serve with whipped cream, berries and honey (for a special treat).
These were a great alternative to carb-loaded regular pancakes. We are trying to limit our white sugar/processed foods and this recipe was perfect. I used Bob's Red Mill brand Almond Meal instead of Trader Joe's. I prefer TJ's brand is a better substitute for breadcrumbs (i.e. chicken cutlets) due to it's consistency. I used half a banana and found that making them small (like silver dollar pancakes) and fairly thin was helpful in ensuring they cooked all the way through. My picky 2.5 year olds ate them up!