Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you love the taste of orange cream popsicles you'll love this cake. I made this for a cookout in the summer and there was no leftovers to go back home.
- Set out Cool Whip to thaw.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions for a 9x13 pan,.
- After the cake is done and you bring out of oven, poke holes throughout the cake with a fork.
- Prepare Orange jello with 1 cup of boiling water and pour over the cake.
- Allow to cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together with hand mixer (or other) instant vanilla pudding with 1 cup milk.
- Stir in orange and vanilla extracts, mix well.
- Fold in Cool whip Spread over the cake and chill for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
I've made this cake twice now and each time it was a huge hit! The only change I made was when mixing the cake I substituted orange juice for the water (equal amounts) - FABULOUS cake - just wish it wasn't so hard to find the orange cake mix!
Recipe is great as is, but I had difficulty finding orange cake mix. Instead I used a white cake mix, substituting 1 cup orange juice for the water called for in the directions on cake mix box and I added the zest of 1 orange. I forgot to get orange extract for the pudding so I added the orange zest to that, too. Children, grandchildren and great grandchildren love it!
If someone were to give less than 5 stars on this one I would have to think they did something wrong.I am a dreamsicle lover and this is that cake version.I changed a few things to lower the calories like sugar free jello,pudding and cake mix.Also used cool whip free.None of the changes could have hurt it any because it is fabulous.Hubby does not usually eat sugar free things I make but he did and loves it.Thanks so much Marsha for sharing.