Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is by far one of the best cake recipes. You simply must try it! 8) Very fun, refreshing, wonderful cake for summer! Enjoy!
- 510.29 g box orange cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 78.07 ml oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 314.66 ml water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 170.09 g box orange Jell-O
- 354.88 ml hot water
- 236.59 ml cold water
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 99.22 g box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 99.22 g box orange Jell-O
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 226.79 g Cool Whip, thawed
- Bake cake as needed in 9x13-inch pan.
- When baked and cooled, poke holes all over cake with meat fork.
- Mix large box of Jello with the waters and just let it start to set up.
- Slowly pour over the cooled cake and allow to run into holes all over cake.
- Chill cake until Jello is set.
- In large bowl, cream the cheese until creamy.
- Add the dry Jello powder, pudding mix, milk and the vanilla extract; beat well.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread on cake and chill until served.
This cake is awesome,,,,,,, Hint: Substitute orange pop for the water in the cake mix AND use 1/2 cup cold orange pop in the jello instead of plain cold water. :)))))))
This is an excellent cake with wonderful flavor. I couldn't stop eating it! Be sure to refrigerate before serving, as it's best when it's cold.
I made this cake for a birthday at work yesterday. Yum, everyone liked it, thought it was light and not too sweet. I made it by the recipe except I only bought 1 package of jello so the frosting was vanilla cream-and I only used a half cup of milk. I thought the orange cake and vanilla frosting were a perfect contrast. I would do the same the next time, just a personal preference.