This is by far one of the best cake recipes. You simply must try it! 8) Very fun, refreshing, wonderful cake for summer! Enjoy!
- 1 (18 ounce) box orange cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (6 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- Bake cake as needed in 9x13-inch pan.
- When baked and cooled, poke holes all over cake with meat fork.
- Mix large box of Jello with the waters and just let it start to set up.
- Slowly pour over the cooled cake and allow to run into holes all over cake.
- Chill cake until Jello is set.
- In large bowl, cream the cheese until creamy.
- Add the dry Jello powder, pudding mix, milk and the vanilla extract; beat well.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread on cake and chill until served.
This cake is awesome,,,,,,, Hint: Substitute orange pop for the water in the cake mix AND use 1/2 cup cold orange pop in the jello instead of plain cold water. :)))))))
This is an excellent cake with wonderful flavor. I couldn't stop eating it! Be sure to refrigerate before serving, as it's best when it's cold.
I've had this cake before and made this cake before. I've lost my recipe so started following this one. The recipe started to not make sense so I found the one from Duncan Hines website and it was very different. There is way too much water in this recipe! I mixed up the jello mixture and poured about 1/3 of it on and the cake floated to the top of the pan!! I checked the DR recipe and I calls for 1-3.5oz box jello and 1 c water. That would've been sufficient. My cake is really soggy now. Great :( I followed the DH frosting recipe so at least that's going to turn out right.