Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you had asked me a month ago I would say "I don't like omelets". But my husband and I came up with this one and it is sooooooo good. You won't be disappointed, I guarantee it. The secret to this being so amazing is to not over-cooking the omelet using the method I outline below. It takes practice, but I make the best omelets now.
- In small pan, saute the jalapeno, scallions and ham until jalapenos are soft and ham is slightly browned using non-stick spray, stirring frequently.
- Remove from pan & clean pan with paper towel.
- Whisk eggs with pepper.
- Spray pan with non-stick spray and pour in half the eggs when pan is fully heated to med-high heat.
- With a spatula, scrape & lift the cooked egg at the bottom of the pan towards the middle allowing the uncooked egg to get underneath to the hot part of the pan - this may look messy, but it will ensure that your omelet is fluffy.
- Once there is no more runny egg, spread out the egg a little bit in the pan as much as possible and add half the cheese on top evenly.
- Then add half the ham mixture in a line across the omelet.
- Fold omelet in half and allow to cook on one side for 20sec.
- Flip over carefully and allow that side to cook for another 20sec.
- Repeat directions on cooking omelet for the second one making sure to start with a clean pan.
- Can also be made with egg whites only using twice as many eggs.