Chef #216388's Note:
If you had asked me a month ago I would say "I don't like omelets". But my husband and I came up with this one and it is sooooooo good. You won't be disappointed, I guarantee it. The secret to this being so amazing is to not over-cooking the omelet using the method I outline below. It takes practice, but I make the best omelets now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small pan, saute the jalapeno, scallions and ham until jalapenos are soft and ham is slightly browned using non-stick spray, stirring frequently.
- 2Remove from pan & clean pan with paper towel.
- 3Whisk eggs with pepper.
- 4Spray pan with non-stick spray and pour in half the eggs when pan is fully heated to med-high heat.
- 5With a spatula, scrape & lift the cooked egg at the bottom of the pan towards the middle allowing the uncooked egg to get underneath to the hot part of the pan - this may look messy, but it will ensure that your omelet is fluffy.
- 6Once there is no more runny egg, spread out the egg a little bit in the pan as much as possible and add half the cheese on top evenly.
- 7Then add half the ham mixture in a line across the omelet.
- 8Fold omelet in half and allow to cook on one side for 20sec.
- 9Flip over carefully and allow that side to cook for another 20sec.
- 10Repeat directions on cooking omelet for the second one making sure to start with a clean pan.
- 11Can also be made with egg whites only using twice as many eggs.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Omelet Ever With Ham Jalapenos Scallions and Cheddar Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.8
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 401.6 mg
- Sodium 322.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: