Recipe by NancysFancies
Hearty & satisfying side dish for summer cookouts or Super Bowl parties. A one-pot wonder that makes a huge kettle-full. Fantastic when reheated the next day too!
Top Review by kellychris
These were GREAT! I did 1/2 tsp. mesquite flavored liquid smoke b/c I used turkey bacon and wasn't sure that would be enough "smoky flavor". That worked perfectly. Will make these again!! made for BB tag,2011.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 453.59 g bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml bottled barbecue sauce
- 59.14 ml mustard
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml ground pepper
- 2 (907.18 g) cansmall pink beans, rinsed & drained (Goya)
- 2 (907.18 g) can white beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 (907.18 g) can pork & beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In ovenproof kettle, cook beef, bacon, and onion over moderate heat, stirring to break up lumps for about 20 minutes or until beef is no longer pink & bacon is slightly crisp. Transfer to a large strainer to drain the grease & then return to the kettle. Add ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard, molasses, chili powder, & six cans of beans. Stir until well combined.
- Note: you can modify the types beans to your liking. I don't use kidney beans myself; however you can add them in place of the pink ones. Can't really go wrong with whatever kind you chose!
- Bake mixture, covered, in middle of oven for at least an hour. Serves about 20 as a side dish.