Hearty & satisfying side dish for summer cookouts or Super Bowl parties. A one-pot wonder that makes a huge kettle-full. Fantastic when reheated the next day too!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) canssmall pink beans, rinsed & drained (Goya)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork & beans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In ovenproof kettle, cook beef, bacon, and onion over moderate heat, stirring to break up lumps for about 20 minutes or until beef is no longer pink & bacon is slightly crisp. Transfer to a large strainer to drain the grease & then return to the kettle. Add ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard, molasses, chili powder, & six cans of beans. Stir until well combined.
- Note: you can modify the types beans to your liking. I don't use kidney beans myself; however you can add them in place of the pink ones. Can't really go wrong with whatever kind you chose!
- Bake mixture, covered, in middle of oven for at least an hour. Serves about 20 as a side dish.