Recipe by Shabby Sign Shoppe
After trying so many pound cakes, this is my favorite creation. rich and dense, just the way it is supposed to be! Great to use in a trifle or with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter; gradually adding sugar, beating at medium speed with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix after each addition.
- Stir in flavorings.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan (bigger is better, the cute fluted pans, may be too small to handle this cake!). If that is all you have, perhaps use some leftover batter for a mini-cake!).
- Bake at 300F for 1 hour & 40 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 - 15 minutes; remove and cool on wire rack.