Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is made by following parts of the instructions for making several of the top fried rice recipes on RecipeZaar. I created this recipe so that I would have an easy to make, simple ingredients fried rice recipe that was also super tasty and I believe that is exactly what I have here. I hope you enjoy as much as I did.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 2 -3 cups rice (cooked and cooled)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cooked pork or 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken or 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon or 1⁄2 cup cooked diced ham steak
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet.
- Add onion, celery and carrot.
- Saute until onions are transparent and carrots are crisp tender, about 5 minute.
- Push veggies to one side of skillet and scramble eggs in empty side.
- Mix eggs and veggies together. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Add cold rice to skillet and stir well.
- Add chicken broth to skillet.
- Stir fry rice, stirring constantly, until all liquid is gone.
- Add meat to skillet and cook for about a minute more.
- Add egg and veggies to skillet.
- Stir in soy sauce and heat until warm.
My toddler can't get enough of this one. We made it with pork and added carrots.
The first review should be deleted...that review is based on nutrition and not the receipe. The nutritional facts are clearly visiable so if it doesn't fit his/her family's needs, don't make it & don't review it. It's very rude to the poster!!! Anyway, here is my review- I've been making my fried rice like this for years and it's awesome every time. I don't use celery (personal dislike) and I put frozen peas towards the end so they stay firm. And I always finish it off at the end with some very thinly sliced green onions for color and flavor. Thanks for posting!
I feel this recipe had too much Sodium 624mg 26% and Cholesterol 105mg 35% for my family.