Recipe by B.A.B
This recipe is made by following parts of the instructions for making several of the top fried rice recipes on RecipeZaar. I created this recipe so that I would have an easy to make, simple ingredients fried rice recipe that was also super tasty and I believe that is exactly what I have here. I hope you enjoy as much as I did.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 2 -3 cups rice (cooked and cooled)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cooked pork or 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken or 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon or 1⁄2 cup cooked diced ham steak
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet.
- Add onion, celery and carrot.
- Saute until onions are transparent and carrots are crisp tender, about 5 minute.
- Push veggies to one side of skillet and scramble eggs in empty side.
- Mix eggs and veggies together. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Add cold rice to skillet and stir well.
- Add chicken broth to skillet.
- Stir fry rice, stirring constantly, until all liquid is gone.
- Add meat to skillet and cook for about a minute more.
- Add egg and veggies to skillet.
- Stir in soy sauce and heat until warm.