1/2 Photos of Best Oatmeal Cookies (Made Lighter)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup reduced fat margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts (may be ground in a blender) or 1/2 cup pecans, ground (may be ground in a blender)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional) or 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- granulated sugar, for dipping
- 1In a large bowl cream the butter, applesauce and sugars, beating until fluffy.
- 2Blend egg into creamed mixture.
- 3Sift together into the creamed mixture the flour, soda, and cinnamon.
- 4Blend in the oats, nuts and vanilla.
- 5Chill dough 1 hour or more.
- 6Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets.
- 7Drop cookies on greased sheet, using a 1 TB scoop or spoon.
- 8Grease the bottom of a small glass, dip in sugar, and press gently on each uncooked cookie, flattening it to a thickness of about 1/4 inch, resugaring glass for each cookie.
- 9Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- 10Cool 2-3 minutes on the sheet, remove cookies, and cool completely on racks. Store them in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Oatmeal Cookies (Made Lighter)
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 77.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute