I love home made biscuits but hate the mess of rolling them out on my counter. With this recipe you can simple form the dough into balls with your hand and then press them onto a baking sheet... no rolling or cutting required! This is a Better Homes and Gardens recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Mix dry ingredients together thoroughly.
- 3Add shortening and cut into dry mix until it resembles course crumbs. (Two butter knifes work, but everyone should own a pastry cutter!).
- 4Add milk and stir until dough just clings together.
- 5Form dough into balls a little larger then a golf ball and place side by side on a baking sheet.
- 6Press balls down with the palm of your hand until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
- 7Bake in oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best "no Roll" Baking Powder Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.1
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 782.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 10.6 g