Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I love home made biscuits but hate the mess of rolling them out on my counter. With this recipe you can simple form the dough into balls with your hand and then press them onto a baking sheet... no rolling or cutting required! This is a Better Homes and Gardens recipe.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Mix dry ingredients together thoroughly.
- Add shortening and cut into dry mix until it resembles course crumbs. (Two butter knifes work, but everyone should own a pastry cutter!).
- Add milk and stir until dough just clings together.
- Form dough into balls a little larger then a golf ball and place side by side on a baking sheet.
- Press balls down with the palm of your hand until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake in oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden.
These rose up nicely, though the taste was a little bland. Think next time I'll add some lemon juice to the milk to make them buttermilky.