Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Best and easiest Brisket recipe
- 3 -5 lbs beef brisket
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup strong coffee
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup beef broth or 2⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat. Carefully add beef brisket and brown the meat on all sides.
- In a large bowl combine the soy sauce, coffee, ketchup, chili sauce, honey, beef broth and garlic.
- Mix the ingredients to combine and then carefully pour the mixture over the brisket in the Dutch oven.
- Bring the meat and liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover the Dutch oven. Simmer the beef brisket in the liquid over low heat on stove top or in the oven at 300*F for 3 to 4 hours, or until tender.
- When cooked, remove the beef brisket from the liquid to a cutting board or large platter.
- Allow the beef brisket to cool for approximately 5 to 10 minutes and then cut the beef brisket across the grain into medium-thin slices.
- Once you have removed the brisket from the liquid, if the remaining liquid is not quite thick, we recommend reducing it down and serving it as gravy on the side.
- If you don't have a Dutch oven, use the largest, heaviest bottomed pan that you have.
- If you have an electric roaster such as a Nesco Roaster, use that instead of Dutch oven. Set temperature at 350*F to brown the meat and add the liquid. Once the liquid has come to a boil, reduce heat to 275*F and cook 3 to 4 hours, or until beef brisket is tender.
- This savory Hanukkah or Sunday beef brisket recipe can be made ahead of time, sliced, refrigerated or frozen and then reheated just before serving.