Chef #1466659's Note:
Best and easiest Brisket recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat. Carefully add beef brisket and brown the meat on all sides.
- 2In a large bowl combine the soy sauce, coffee, ketchup, chili sauce, honey, beef broth and garlic.
- 3Mix the ingredients to combine and then carefully pour the mixture over the brisket in the Dutch oven.
- 4Bring the meat and liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover the Dutch oven. Simmer the beef brisket in the liquid over low heat on stove top or in the oven at 300*F for 3 to 4 hours, or until tender.
- 5When cooked, remove the beef brisket from the liquid to a cutting board or large platter.
- 6Allow the beef brisket to cool for approximately 5 to 10 minutes and then cut the beef brisket across the grain into medium-thin slices.
- 7Once you have removed the brisket from the liquid, if the remaining liquid is not quite thick, we recommend reducing it down and serving it as gravy on the side.
- 8If you don't have a Dutch oven, use the largest, heaviest bottomed pan that you have.
- 9If you have an electric roaster such as a Nesco Roaster, use that instead of Dutch oven. Set temperature at 350*F to brown the meat and add the liquid. Once the liquid has come to a boil, reduce heat to 275*F and cook 3 to 4 hours, or until beef brisket is tender.
- 10This savory Hanukkah or Sunday beef brisket recipe can be made ahead of time, sliced, refrigerated or frozen and then reheated just before serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Mouthwatering Hanukkah Beef Brisket Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.0
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 1310.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 49.4 g