These hearty muffins have everything in them like carrot, apple, coconut, pecans, and raisins. I tweaked a couple of recipes for morning glory muffins and made my own perfect recipe. I put in some whole wheat flour and use less sugar. Serve these moist muffins warm for breakfast. The key to perfect muffins is not to over mix them.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml grated carrots
- 118.29 ml peeled and finely chopped apple
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- 118.29 ml raisins
- Preheat oven oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12 hole muffin pan. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix in carrot, apple, coconut, pecans, and raisins. Add flour mixture and stir just until blended (do not over mix!).
- Divide batter between prepared muffin pan. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer muffins to cooling racks to cool completley.
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe. It's great! Her recipe calls for salad oil instead of butter. I like to use a light oil like canola or even light olive oil. They freeze nicely too.