easy one bowl, quick and tasty...
Make and share this Best Molasses Cookies 1961 recipe from Food.com.
- Sift flour, sugar, soda, spices and salt together.
- Add the egg and molasses and melted shortening.
- Combine well.
- Add oats.
- mix well.
- Form into balls and flatten with a sugared glass.
- Bake at 375 degrees, for 10- 11 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Note-- 10- 11 minutes give chewy yet crisp cookie 12 or more minutes give a hard crisp cookie-- Test bake a few and let cool.
- to see your cooking time and temperature.
- Also sometimes the lower the temp-- and longer baking gives a chewy centre cookie--.