1/1 Photo of Best Molasses Cookies 1961
easy one bowl, quick and tasty...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, sugar, soda, spices and salt together.
- 2Add the egg and molasses and melted shortening.
- 3Combine well.
- 4Add oats.
- 5mix well.
- 6Form into balls and flatten with a sugared glass.
- 7Bake at 375 degrees, for 10- 11 minutes.
- 8Remove to wire rack to cool.
- 9Note-- 10- 11 minutes give chewy yet crisp cookie 12 or more minutes give a hard crisp cookie-- Test bake a few and let cool.
- 10to see your cooking time and temperature.
- 11Also sometimes the lower the temp-- and longer baking gives a chewy centre cookie--.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Molasses Cookies 1961
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 70.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 0.9 g