Recipe by andypandy
easy one bowl, quick and tasty...
Top Review by Momto3
I am in love. These cookies are the perfect chewy, crunchy combo not too spicy and not too sweet. They remind me of the spice cookies you see this time of year but soo much better. I only made a single batch but I won't make that mistake again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup melted Crisco shortening, cooled well
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup fancy molasses
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats (five or twenty minutes type)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, sugar, soda, spices and salt together.
- Add the egg and molasses and melted shortening.
- Combine well.
- Add oats.
- mix well.
- Form into balls and flatten with a sugared glass.
- Bake at 375 degrees, for 10- 11 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Note-- 10- 11 minutes give chewy yet crisp cookie 12 or more minutes give a hard crisp cookie-- Test bake a few and let cool.
- to see your cooking time and temperature.
- Also sometimes the lower the temp-- and longer baking gives a chewy centre cookie--.