Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great recipe I got it from my grandma, whenever people come over they always ask for the recipe after they've tried it. You can cut it in half and put icing in the middle. It takes a while to make but it's worth it. You just have to try it!!!
- Cream butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Add beaten eggs and golden syrup.
- Add ifted cocoa, flour and salt.
- Add milk.
- Disolve carb soda in boiling water, add to mixture.
- Mix it together.
- Put in round cake tin.
- Put in oven for 30-35 mins at 350 degrees
- Take out of oven and cool.
- Cut cake in half so you have 2 circles.
- Ice both cakes and put one on top.
- Serve and enjoy.