Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
I was given this recipe 20 years ago by my then boyfriend's soon to be step mom and its still my favorite for "chocolate chip" cookies. I substituted the Semi Sweet Mini M&Ms (which make the best cookies) for the chocolate chips it originally called for, but you can use chocolate chips, regular M&Ms, the Milk Chocolate Mini M&Ms or whatever you like. Play with the spices too.
- 2⁄3 cup softened butter
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 ounces miniature M&M's chocolate candies
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream the butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar together. When light in color add the eggs and vanilla mix well. Next slowly add the dry ingredients. Once mixed stir in the nuts and M&Ms.
- Drop by teaspoons onto baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then transfer to cooling racks.
Excellent taste! The reason I gave this recipe only 3 stars was because of the consistency of the dough. It was way too dry! I will use only 3 cups of flour next time!