Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Nothing like going out on a limb with that title, right? :-) Made in the slow-cooker or a bean pot in the oven or in a pot on the stove-top, any way you prepare it---it comes out D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! (Not that I'm biased!)
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, with sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 quart tomato sauce (or spaghetti sauce)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- tortilla chips, whole, crushed or corn chips
- cheddar cheese, grated
- onion, minced
- sour cream
- Fry ground meat; as it finishes, add the onion and sauté together.
- While that is working, open all the cans and dump into slow-cooker; add the seasonings; stir to mix.
- When meat is browned and onions are transparent or golden brown, add the green pepper, cook 1-2 more minutes; then add to the bean mixture; mix well.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours; medium for 4-6; low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with corn/tortilla chips in bottom of bowl, chili next, and cheese sprinkled over the top; onions & sour cream optional.
- NOTE: This is actually even BETTER as leftovers!
This recipe is definitely a keeper! I will be making this again, and again, and again.... I did add a little Worcestershire sauce and a can of no salt added diced tomatoes! I thought at first that this was going to be not so great, but once it was in the cooked it turned out great! One of my favorite chilis I have ever had!
Love your wit in the title and description. Will make for superbowl sunday for my chili loving dad and brother (and whoever else shows up). Thanks for posting...his is exactly what I had in mind and have been searching for! Knew I could trust it when I saw it was you.
This recipe was really yummy! I ommited the can of mushrooms and added 2 cans of corn. I have made this recipe multiple times and love it! It's wonderful if you add sour cream and cheese to the top! Thanks!