1/3 Photos of Best Midwest Chili You'll Ever Eat * No Noodles or Kidney Beans
4 hrs 15 mins
Nothing like going out on a limb with that title, right? :-) Made in the slow-cooker or a bean pot in the oven or in a pot on the stove-top, any way you prepare it---it comes out D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! (Not that I'm biased!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, with sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 quart tomato sauce (or spaghetti sauce)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1Fry ground meat; as it finishes, add the onion and sauté together.
- 2While that is working, open all the cans and dump into slow-cooker; add the seasonings; stir to mix.
- 3When meat is browned and onions are transparent or golden brown, add the green pepper, cook 1-2 more minutes; then add to the bean mixture; mix well.
- 4Cook on high for 3-4 hours; medium for 4-6; low for 6-8 hours.
- 5Serve with corn/tortilla chips in bottom of bowl, chili next, and cheese sprinkled over the top; onions & sour cream optional.
- 6NOTE: This is actually even BETTER as leftovers!
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Midwest Chili You'll Ever Eat * No Noodles or Kidney Beans
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.5
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 1231.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 28.3 g