Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This corn dip has been a really big hit for me. Its easy to make and everyone will ask you for the recipe when you take it to parties or have one of you own. I can't ever escape a party without someone stopping me and asking how to make that "awesome" corn dish. Great for a Picnic too!!
- 3 (11 ounce) cans mexicorn whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- In a medium to large bowl, Combine sour cream,mayonnaise and cumin.
- Stir well.
- Add corn,cheese,chiles,black pepper,and onions to the sour cream mixture.
- Stir with a wooden spoon (are whatever you have) til all is combined.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- (overnight is what I do, the seasonings are blended in better) Serve with warm tortilla chips.
Took this last nite to our weekly poker league and though everyone thought it was very good and was gone by the end of the nite everyone thought it could use a little more heat. I did put in a seeded jalapeno which gave great flavor but next time I'll either leave the seeds in or add a little cayenne. Will be making this again!!
This was an easy dip to make and I had everything on hand. It is a little bland. I add a habanero pepper that I grew in the garden and then dehydrated . Pulverized one in the grinder and it really spiced it up. I used only 2 cans of corn, one mexi corn the other a sweet corn. All in all pretty good. Please beware this makes a huge serving. Way more than the four ppl I needed to feed.
I doubled the recipe and made this for "Dip Day" at work. We loved it! I can't wait to make this again with Rotel and some taco seasoning, just for a little different flavor. Thanks for sharing, Marsha! :)