Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't remember where I found this recipe, on the internet somewhere maybe, but, basically, it's not mine. Definitely not low fat/low carb, but it's the best and easiest meatloaf I've ever had. I make it all the time for my family and they love it. My brother in law always requests that I make two, so he has leftovers the next day. You can substitute a ground meat mixture, or ground turkey for the ground beef.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 0.5 (1 ounce) packagedry hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup prepared stuffing, Pepperidge farm blue bag, NOT CUBED
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (approx)
- ketchup, for topping- see below
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put meat, french fried onions, and stuffing in bowl. Mix eggs, ketchup, and ranch dressing together separately (easier this way), then dump over other ingredients (meat, stuffing, onions). Mix all together. Shape into loaf (or whatever shape you want) and put on a cookie sheet. (Helps to line cookie sheet with tin foil first- easier clean up). Cover loosely with tin foil and bake 50-60 minutes. Remove foil and top with ketchup, or any topping sauce you like, for the last ten minutes.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- **I just want to note that in most ovens, the bottom of this loaf burns. I don't know why, I've tried and tried to keep it from happening to no avail. However, it doesn't matter, I just cut burnt part off, doesn't effect the rest of the loaf. Also, I don't use a loaf pan for this one, because it will be too greasy.
I love this recipe used BBQ sauce instead of ketchup an used broiler pan to lose fat an didn't stick
This is certainly not the best meatloaf recipe ever and not the easiest. It does burn on the bottom despite the use of parchment paper suggested by one reviewer. That's a big problem. It also falls apart when you slice it despite letting the loaf rest for ten minutes plus. That makes serving it difficult. My suggestion? Try another recipe.
If u use parchment paper instead of foil it wont burn! I tried it and it was fantastic...all I did to modify recipe was use regular ranch dressing and added some small roasted orange peppers to give it a lil kick! AWESOME!