Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This meatloaf is not only moist but you can't get enough of the sauce. Carrots in the meatloaf are the trick for a moist meatloaf.
- 2 lbs hamburger (recommend hamburger with a bit of fat content or add some olive oil to a very very lean hamburger)
- 2 small finely chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 dash soy sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- Mix the first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Best to mix together with your fingers. Mix together last 3 ingredients for sauce in a separate small bowl.
- Add mixture to a non-stick loaf pan
- Make a small trough in the middle of the meatloaf to later allow the sauce to fill into.
- Bake covered with tin foil in oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees. After 1 hour drain meatloaf of any juice.
- Add sauce at this time, and cook for another 15 minutes uncovered.
- Best served with mashed potatoes.
This meatloaf was fantastic! I've tried all different kinds of recipes, and they just never work out... My fingers were crossed on this one and it turned out GREAT! My boyfriend loved it and ate it for leftovers the next few days! The 2lbs was a bit much for us (but I wanted to follow the recipe) so next time I will only make 1lb and make the changes for everything else. Thanks Chef Mom! :)