Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here is the best recipe for the best meatballs. They aren't dry or as hard as a rock. You can substitute any ground meat if you don't prefer turkey.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 4 ounces flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or what looks to be the right amount)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or what looks to be the right amount)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 16 ounces capellini (or any pasta you like)
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- Take the meat and put it into a large bowl. Mix in bread crumbs,egg, cheese, salt, pepper,oregano, garlic, and parsley. Mix until well combined.
- Wash hands and pour tomato sauce into a large skillet. Bring up to a medium simmer.
- Begin to form meatballs about the size of a golf ball. Place meatballs into simmering sauce and cook for 5-7 minute At this point bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Once water is boiling add pasta and cook for 8-10 minute The meatballs should be done by now. If the sauce begins to simmer too violently, turn the pan down. Check to see if the meatballs are done by cutting one open.
- Serve on large plate with pasta and meatballs. Crusty toasted bread and green beans with balsamic vinegar are a must!