Recipe by Amber W.
I was raised in an Italian family and have searched and searched for the perfect recipe for meatballs and finally found it. The secret to this is the red pepper flakes!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- coarse salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ground sirloin in a large mixing bowl and punch a well into the center of meat.
- Fill well with the egg, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire, parsley, cheese, and a little salt and pepper.
- Mix up meatball ingredients until well combined, yet not over-mixed.
- Divide mix into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each part into 4 balls and space equally onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Place meatballs in oven and roast about 12 minutes.
- Break a meatball open and make sure meat is cooked through before removing from the oven.