I was raised in an Italian family and have searched and searched for the perfect recipe for meatballs and finally found it. The secret to this is the red pepper flakes!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- Place ground sirloin in a large mixing bowl and punch a well into the center of meat.
- Fill well with the egg, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire, parsley, cheese, and a little salt and pepper.
- Mix up meatball ingredients until well combined, yet not over-mixed.
- Divide mix into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each part into 4 balls and space equally onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Place meatballs in oven and roast about 12 minutes.
- Break a meatball open and make sure meat is cooked through before removing from the oven.
Absolutely great!! Made about golf ball size, baked for about 20-25 minutes. Will make again for sure!!
Fantastic, simple, spicy meatballs :) These were delicious and incredibly easy to make. I also made small meatballs and baked at 375* for 18 minutes. They came out perfectly. I had 2 3/4 lbs of sirloin. Even though that wasn't perfectly twice the amount of meat, I doubled all the ingredients [probably tripled the garlic, actually... ;)]. I used regular breadcrumbs, since I don't really keep Italian on hand and like to season my own breadcrumbs.
I just pulled these out of the oven and took a big bite!!! They are SO good, and unfortunately, I did not have the ground sirloin, I used ground round, and I did not have fresh parsley so I used dry. I could not imagine how much better these would taste with all the proper ingredients! Next time I will make it EXACT!! (I looked this recipe up at the last second and used what I had!) Also, I wasn't sure what temperature to set the oven on, so I did 375* for 18 minutes and they were perfect! Thanks so much for sharing this!! My family loves them, we can't wait until the spaghetti is done...there won't be any left by then! lol