1/2 Photos of Best Meatballs
Amber W.'s Note:
I was raised in an Italian family and have searched and searched for the perfect recipe for meatballs and finally found it. The secret to this is the red pepper flakes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano or 1/4 cup romano cheese
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- 1Place ground sirloin in a large mixing bowl and punch a well into the center of meat.
- 2Fill well with the egg, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire, parsley, cheese, and a little salt and pepper.
- 3Mix up meatball ingredients until well combined, yet not over-mixed.
- 4Divide mix into 4 equal parts.
- 5Roll each part into 4 balls and space equally onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- 6Place meatballs in oven and roast about 12 minutes.
- 7Break a meatball open and make sure meat is cooked through before removing from the oven.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.4
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 157.3 mg
- Sodium 689.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: