Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I am a born and raised Marylander and I've tried lots of seafood and have my favorites! This is my all time favorite and my family says it's so good they'd pay for it! Its rich and creamy with a little spice for taste! Hope you enjoy as much as I do!
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of potato soup (can also use 1 can of cream of celery and 1 can cream of potatoe)
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Combine cream of potatoe soup and half and half in large saucepan, stir until well combined. Add butter and rest of seasonings. Heat slowly and stir often. DO NOT BOIL! Add crab and simmer at least 20 minutes. Enjoy!
I'm glad I could change the recipe option to only make 1 serving, this was just...eh. I did eat the whole bowl as to not waste the crab. Potato soup is NOT an ingredient in MARYLAND cream of crab soup. I promise that no seafood restarant in Ocean City has MD cream of crab with potatoes in it. I tripled the amount of Old Bay and ended up hitting with a dash of Tabasco because it was sooo bland.
Tried this last night for quick supper, it was generally very tasty. I made only a half recipe so as not to waste the crab if we didn't like it. I didn't like the looks of the potatoes in the Campbell's brand, dark and old looking. I will definitly make this again trying Progresso Potato Soup. I also added a bit more Old Bay to our taste. Thanks for a quik fix dinner, goes great with a salad and crusty bread!!!