Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very easy homemade red sauce, serve with your favorite pasta."
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- In a food processor place Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium heat saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.