Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Barbeque Bible, Sauces, Rubs and Marinades, well, most of it! Added a little here and there and this goes with any kind of meat and great with veggies. With a few little changes here and there can be used differently each time... Fresh herbs work well, but so do dried, freeze dried and the ones that come in those little tubes!! Use as marinade or basting sauce.. ***NOTE -I use 1/4c basil and cilentro together, you can also use oregano or dill or any combination of the 4 - just measure 1/4c total! (some tarragon or thyme added in would be good too - play with it!) Best fresh, so use with 2 hours of making.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste (kosher or sea)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- whisk lemon juice, hot pepper flakes, pepper and salt in a non-reactive bowl until salt is dissolved.
- add lemon zest, garlic, parsley and other herbs.
- stir or whisk in olive oil.
- this is best used fresh, so do not make too far in advance of using.