Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the best margarita you'll ever taste and you will never go back to using a mixer again. Note: This margarita is not exactly the "traditional margarita" It has some complexities that are slightly different. If the beer makes you worried, remember, you should not use a whole beer, only a third, it simply gives the margarita a lighter body. If you taste beer in the margarita you have added far too much, or used too heavy a beer. Feel free to sub the lemonade concentrate with limeade concentrate. I have found that limeade makes the drink too tart, but to each his (her) own...
- 1 1⁄2 cups good tequila (I typically use jose 1800)
- 1⁄2 cup orange-flavored liqueur (grand marnier, gran gala, or cointreau are good choices)
- 4 ounces beer (bland american beer such as coors light is perfect)
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate (or normal size concentrate can)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- enough water (i like to use half water and half ice to have a chilled on the rocks type margarita) or ice, to fill blender (i like to use half water and half ice to have a chilled on the rocks type margarita)
- Blend all ingredients and serve on the rocks with salt, straight up, or frozen if you chose to add all ice and no water.