1/1 Photo of Best Macaroni Salad Ever
My mom made macaroni salad for potluck's, bbq's, picnic's, parties, etc during the summer when I was a kid. She taught me how to make it and I've been making it ever since then. A friend of mine came over for a get together and she added the beaver's sweet hot mustard instead of regular mustard and what a difference. It gave it that little something extra that just makes this mac salad stand out from the rest. Although you do want to go sparingly as a little does go a long way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces ditalini (package, small round macaroni)
- 1/2 cup green onion (sliced thin, it's about 1 small bussell)
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese (cubed)
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can olives (pre-sliced)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can olives (pre-sliced)
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup relish sandwich spread
- 1/4 cup pickle (finely diced)
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet-hot mustard (I prefer to use the brand Beaver's)
- 1Get a pot of water to set on stove to a high heat.
- 2While waiting for the water to boil, chop the green onions, cube the cheese, and dice the pickles. (you can place the diced veggies in a small bowl and set in the fridge -- you don't want the cheese to get too soft.).
- 3Add the macaroni to the water and cook until aldente and drain out the water. Allow the macaroni to cool.
- 4Add the Miracle Whip, sandwich spread, and Beaver's Sweet Hot Mustard and mix well. (if you find you need to add more of the sweet hot mustard please add a little at a time as it can over power the other flavors of the salad and be a bit strong tasting.).
- 5Next add the veggies and cheese. It should be nice and moist. If it's too dry add a little more of the miracle whip and sandwich spread. Also you can add about 2 tablespoons of water if need be to keep from having too much of a miracle whip/or sandwich spread taste.
- 6Serve imedately or put in fridge. If it becomes dry just add more of the miracle whip and sandwich spread as mentioned above before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Macaroni Salad Ever
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.0
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 806.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
relish sandwich spread