Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A pretty picnic salad and perfect for your next potluck party. You start with a box of Kraft Dinner, this recipe is easy to make and a delight to eat.
- 1 (7 ounce) box macaroni and cheese mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 dill pickles, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to directions on box.
- Place in a large bowl, and let it cool.
- Stir in mayo and mustard.
- Fold in remaining ingredients, then chill.
I was actually pleasantly surprised at how good this tasted considering the fact that it contains cold macaroni & cheese. The only changes I made were to use just 2 hard boiled eggs and I didn't use the cucumber because I didn't have any at home. My husband even liked it. Very quick, easy side dish.
Interesting spin on macaroni salad. I enjoyed this, however, DH couldn't get past the fact that it started with mac and cheese mix, and was less impressed.
This made us a nice lunch today. DH could really taste the hard boiled eggs and think next time I will cut it down to 2. This was a nice and easy recipe; and such a surprize using mac and cheese this way. Thanks for the recipe Chef Dee. Made for Chef Dee Cookbook A Thon.