1 hr 10 mins
Chef Heather's Note:
Rich, with bold flavor. This is a recipe you can count on to please a crowd. Use reduced fat cheeses to make it easier on the fat and calories!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Macaroni and Cheese Sauce Base
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 1/8-1/4 fluid ounce hot pepper sauce
- 1/8-1/4 fluid ounce Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
Mix for Macaroni and Cheese
- 1For the Macaroni and Cheese Sauce Base:
- 2Melt butter in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 3Add flour and mix until flour is incorporated into butter.
- 4Cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- 5Add milk and chicken broth and continue to cook until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- 6Remove from heat and season with hot pepper sauce, worcestershire, salt and pepper. Allow to cool before using.
- 7To make the Macaroni and Cheese:
- 8Cook macaroni in salted water, drain and rinse with cold water.
- 9Place the yellow cheddar, white cheddar, swiss, Velveeta, and tomatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- 10Add cheese sauce base and mix thoroughly.
- 11Place the mix evenly into a large serving dish.
- 12Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven 45-50 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Macaroni & Cheese Recipe Ever
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.3
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.1 mg
- Sodium 965.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 32.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot pepper sauce