1/1 Photo of Best Macaroni & Cheese!
Delicious macaroni & cheese recipe I came up with!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1Bring one gallon of water to a boil and add a splash of olive oil and 1 tbls. salt.
- 2Cook the pasta until tender but still firm, about 12 minutes, stirring frequently. Drain.
- 3Melt butter in a pan and stir in flour and cook for a few minutes.
- 4Heat milk until hot and slowly add to the roux (butter and flour).
- 5Add the rest of the ingredients except bread crumbs and ½ cup of the cheese.
- 6Spread in greased 13 x 9 pan and sprinkle on remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
- 7Bake at 375° F for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Macaroni & Cheese!
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.7
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 959.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: