- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring one gallon of water to a boil and add a splash of olive oil and 1 tbls. salt.
- Cook the pasta until tender but still firm, about 12 minutes, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Melt butter in a pan and stir in flour and cook for a few minutes.
- Heat milk until hot and slowly add to the roux (butter and flour).
- Add the rest of the ingredients except bread crumbs and ½ cup of the cheese.
- Spread in greased 13 x 9 pan and sprinkle on remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 375° F for 20 minutes.