Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Ok, My mom hates macaroni and cheese and when she tried this she instantly fell in love. My little brother(age 1 1/2) ate a whole plate.
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups Velveeta cheese
- Cook macaroni, Drain.
- In sauce pan melt butter, stir in 4tbs flour, salt, pepper (until smooth) and add milk and cook (cook on low, milk will scald) while stirring until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in 2 cups of the cheese until melted.
- Combine Macaroni and sauce in buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake in oven for 25 minutes.
Made this the other night for supper. My husband said it was the best he has ever had. My 24 yr old, fussy eater, daughter was working late and I left a note for her that there was mac & cheese in the fridge. She left a note on the refridgerator that said "The mac & cheese is perfect.. THE BEST.. P.S. I ate it all :) Sorry....
Creamy and yummy but simple to put together. Popular with my picky kids and husband. Halved the recipe and used Barilla Plus elbows that are healthier but don't taste healthier. Baked at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2007.
This was a great creamy mac and cheese! I used some cheddar and added broccoli. Big hit at my house! I will make again and again. :)