Recipe by MightyMickie
Ok, My mom hates macaroni and cheese and when she tried this she instantly fell in love. My little brother(age 1 1/2) ate a whole plate.
Top Review by jmochol
Made this the other night for supper. My husband said it was the best he has ever had. My 24 yr old, fussy eater, daughter was working late and I left a note for her that there was mac & cheese in the fridge. She left a note on the refridgerator that said "The mac & cheese is perfect.. THE BEST.. P.S. I ate it all :) Sorry....
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups Velveeta cheese
- Cook macaroni, Drain.
- In sauce pan melt butter, stir in 4tbs flour, salt, pepper (until smooth) and add milk and cook (cook on low, milk will scald) while stirring until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in 2 cups of the cheese until melted.
- Combine Macaroni and sauce in buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake in oven for 25 minutes.