This recipe makes the most wonderful creamy rich mac and cheese I've ever had. it is easy to make, looks and tastes wonderful and everyone loves it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 lb uncooked noodles (I like the shells but anything kind will work)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 cups whole milk or 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Bread Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1Heat oven to 350º F.
- 2Cook noodles as directed on box.
- 3While noodles are cooking, melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute-mixture will thicken. Stir in cheese. Cook, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- 4Drain rinsed noodles. Gently stir into cheese sauce. Pour into un-greased 4-quart casserole.
- 5Stir together bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the top of the Mac and Cheese.
- 6Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until bread crumbs are toasted and cheese is bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Mac and Cheese Ever!!
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.4
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 126.2 mg
- Sodium 700.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 22.4 g