Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe works best in the food processor. I find that this recipe is grainy if you use roasted red peppers from a jar. This dip goes well with tortilla chips, raw vegetables, or even as a replacement for mayonnaise on your favorite sandwich. Every time I make this, at least 1 person asks for the recipe!
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Set oven to broil.
- Cut peppers lengthwise and remove seeds and vein.
- Place peppers skin side and whole garlic cloves up on a baking sheet on the top shelf of the oven.
- Broil until skins turn black.
- Remove peppers and garlic from the baking sheet and place in a large bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap until cool enough to handle.
- Remove skins from peppers and garlic and discard. Both should come off very easily.
- Put peeled peppers and garlic into food processor and puree.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
This is a really good dip for low fat. I'm going to eat the whole thing tonight with tortillas chips. I could see this on a sandwich too. It's a bit spicy because of the red pepper flakes but I like that. Thanks a lot.