3 hrs 20 mins
This old standby is topped with tortilla strips made from corn tortillas and with Parmesan cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken (boneless, cooked, shredded)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, med. chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried cilantro
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or other vegetable oil) or 2 tablespoons olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
- parmesan cheese, grated (for garnish)
- 1In slow cooker combine chicken, whole tomatoes, enchilada sauce, green chilies, onion, and garlic clove.
- 2Add water, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, salt, black pepper, and bay leaf.
- 3Sir in corn and cilantro.
- 4Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
- 5Remove and discard bay leaf.
- 6Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 7Lightly brush both sides of 6 corn tortillas with canola, olive, or other vegetable oil.
- 8Using kitchen scissors or knife, cut tortillas into 2 1/2 x 1/2-inch strips.
- 9Spread tortilla strips onto baking sheet.
- 10Bake, turning occasionally, for 5-10 minute or until crisp.
- 11Put soup servings into bowls.
- 12Sprinkle tortilla strips and grated Parmesan cheese over soup servings.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Loved Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.4
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 1004.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 18.6 g