Recipe by nattums
This isn't your typical BBQ sauce and jelly recipe. These are great for the holidays, Super Bowl and any special occasion. They can be made on the stovetop or crockpot and are always the first to go!
Top Review by Efz001 in the Midwest US
These were delicious!! I arrived at my get together with friends and whipped out my crockpot and they loved the little smokies! They wanted to know the recipe! I was a little doubtful at first about how the ketchup would turn out, but I think it's the mustard and brown sugar that really do the trick. It's quite tasty and has a little bit something more then the normal BBQ sauce.
- 2 (16 ounce) packages Little Smokies sausages
- 14 ounces ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon french's yellow mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine: ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, cloves and cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Add the Little Smokies (drain out the liquid from packages) and cover.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for about 30-45 minutes or until Little Smokies are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- If doing these in a crockpot; combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, cloves and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the Little Smokies (drain out the liquid from packages) to the crockpot and pour sauce mixture over them.
- Stir to evenly coat Little Smokies.
- Cook on high heat 2-4 hours before serving, or until Little Smokies are heated through, stirring occasionally.