1/3 Photos of Best Lima Beans You'll Ever Eat!
I got this recipe yrs ago from a friend who served this dish at a dinner party & it got rave reviews. When you want to impress or convince a lima bean non-believer, this is the recipe for you. There are only a few lima bean recipes at this site compared to other veggies. This 1 is an easy to prepare stovetop-to-table dish & spectacular with any meat or chicken entree not combined with a cream sauce. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook frozen lima beans per pkg directions while following remaining steps & set aside.
- 2Roughly dice the medium onion & set aside.
- 3Cut each large mushroom in half from top down through any stem. Put the cut edge down on your cutting board & slice each half in approx 1/3 inch slices & set aside.
- 4Cut bacon slices in 1/2 inch segments & fry in a non-stick skillet until crisp. If you have more than 2 tbsp of rendered bacon fat grease, remove the excess of that amount.
- 5Add diced onion & sliced mushrooms to skillet & saute until onion is translucent. Do not overcook to carmelized state.
- 6Add 1 tsp curry powder + low-fat sour cream & combine well.
- 7Taste & add additional curry powder or seasoning salt to your preferences.
- 8Remove skillet from heat, add cooked lima beans, mix well & serve immediately.
- 9Note: My advice is to plan for 2nd helpings. You'll need them!
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Lima Beans You'll Ever Eat!
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.1
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 195.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g