Recipe by twissis
I got this recipe yrs ago from a friend who served this dish at a dinner party & it got rave reviews. When you want to impress or convince a lima bean non-believer, this is the recipe for you. There are only a few lima bean recipes at this site compared to other veggies. This 1 is an easy to prepare stovetop-to-table dish & spectacular with any meat or chicken entree not combined with a cream sauce. Enjoy!
Top Review by LonghornMama
Fantastic recipe! Words do not describe how good these are. I could have eaten only these for dinner. Next time I'll double the recipe so I have leftovers. The curry is not at all overpowering but adds a distinctive flavor that shouldn't be skipped. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 cups frozen lima beans
- 6 slices bacon (thick-sliced)
- 1 medium onion (roughly diced)
- 6 large button mushrooms (or 8 small)
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (more as desired)
- seasoning salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook frozen lima beans per pkg directions while following remaining steps & set aside.
- Roughly dice the medium onion & set aside.
- Cut each large mushroom in half from top down through any stem. Put the cut edge down on your cutting board & slice each half in approx 1/3 inch slices & set aside.
- Cut bacon slices in 1/2 inch segments & fry in a non-stick skillet until crisp. If you have more than 2 tbsp of rendered bacon fat grease, remove the excess of that amount.
- Add diced onion & sliced mushrooms to skillet & saute until onion is translucent. Do not overcook to carmelized state.
- Add 1 tsp curry powder + low-fat sour cream & combine well.
- Taste & add additional curry powder or seasoning salt to your preferences.
- Remove skillet from heat, add cooked lima beans, mix well & serve immediately.
- Note: My advice is to plan for 2nd helpings. You'll need them!