Recipe by Icancook2
I found this on the back of a bag of frozen chicken breasts. There were five things I liked about this recipe; it was easy, it is weight watchers core friendly, it smelled great cooking, it was tasty, and I didn't have to remember to thaw the meat. I served this with some brown rice and some steamed corn. The whole family enjoyed it. I included the marinade time in with the prep time. And my chicken was pretty thick so I ended up flipping my chicken 2 more times and broiling an additional 3 minutes each flip. The cook time I noted is per package directions.
Top Review by Maggie, Cooking
I saw the same recipe on the back of the bag of frozen chicken I bought and would have posted it if you hadn't. This recipe is pure perfection, and the chicken comes out moist and yummy. I've made it with regular mustard and have used roasted red pepper from a jar when that's what I've had on hand, and it's still great. I also had to cook it a lot longer than it said, but it just depends on the thickness of the chicken. Thank you for posting this!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red peppers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove ice glaze from frozen chicken breast by holding under lukewarm running water for approximately one minute.
- Place chicken in shallow dish in single layer.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, optional red pepper, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade and pour the remaining marinade over the chicken.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium or preheat broiler.
- Place chicken on the grill or rack of broiler pan and baste with reserved marinade.
- Grill (or broil 4" from heat source) for 5 minutes.
- Baste chicken and grill for 3 minuted or until golden.
- Turn chicken, baste, and grill 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear when the thickest part of the chicken is pierced and temp on instant read thermometer reaches 170.