Recipe by littleturtle
I really love cheesecake and this one is very good.
Top Review by MarlaM
Best cheesecake ever! I didn't have a spring form pan, so I used a 9x12 pan. I also didn't think it cooked thru after the time recommended, so I cooked it an additional 15 minutes, then I worried I had over cooked it, but it turned out perfect. Thank you so much!
- 2 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened 8 hours
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, strained
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 pint sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using your hands or the back of a spoon, mix all crust ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Press into bottom of an 11 to 12-inch spring form pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Let cool; refrigerate until needed.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese at high speed until completely smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Beat at medium speed as you gradually add the sugar, then flour, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon vanilla, mixing until well blended.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Pour into crust; bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Blend sour cream with remaining teaspoon vanilla and 3 tablespoons sugar; set mixture in warm place.
- Remove cake from oven, and gently spread sour cream mixture on top.
- Return to oven and bake for another 12 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate until topping is cool, but not completely chilled.
- Combine all glaze ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened (3 minutes).
- Chill until cool, but not set.
- Spread on top of cheesecake.
- Chill overnight.