What a cake!! DELICIOUS! Not too sweet - not too heavy - just perfect for Summer! And the glaze is to die for!! Can't wait to make it again! I adapted this recipe from a Family Circle magazine where it was named "The Best Bundt Cake Ever"!! and I believe it's true!!
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄4 cups blueberries, tossed with
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 -10 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- lemon zest (to garnish)
- Heat oven to 350°F Butter a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat butter (or margarine) until smooth. Add sugar and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined. Beat in flour in three additions, alternating with buttermilk. Beat for 2 minutes. Fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350F for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a sharp knife around edges of the pan. Turn out and cool completely.
- Glaze: in a small bowl, mix together confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and corn syrup until smooth. Drizzle over top of cake and let it roll down the sides.