This recipe comes from Gourmet Magazine. It is very simple and delicious.
Make and share this Best Lemon Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Shortbread Base:Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut butter into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In food processor, process all ingredients until mixture begins to form small lumps.
- Press mixture evenly into 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake in middle of oven until golden, about 20 minutes.
- While shortbread is baking, prepare topping.
- Topping: In bowl whisk together eggs and granulated sugar until combined well.
- Stir in lemon juice and flour.
- Pour lemon mixture over hot shortbread base.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake in middle of oven until set, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely in pan then sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.