Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A sweet, flavoursome gravy to go with roast lamb.
- 5 ml olive oil
- 300 ml lamb stock
- 300 ml red wine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red currant jelly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Gently fry onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add stock and wine and bring to the boil.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes to reduce.
- Add rosemary and redcurrant jelly, stir until disolved.
- Serve immediately.
Absolutely delicious! I used beef stock and thyme and it was still wonderful. A winner!